gwhere-discussion

Re: [GWhere-discussion] Re: problems with special characters (umlaute)

From: Zero
Subject: Re: [GWhere-discussion] Re: problems with special characters (umlaute)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 22:52:12 +0200

Hi Vlad and list,

I think that Max's problem and yours are not the same.

Max has problem to catalog files with specials characters. It may be a scanning encoding problem. I have no idea how to solve it. May be with Glib scan functions instead of Standard C functions ? Whereas you cannot read under GNU/Linux catalogs which are made under MS Windows (and inversely). Your problem can be solved by using unicode in GWhere catalog file.

Regards,
Zero

fuzzy2 wrote:
Hello Zero and list.

It seems that Max's problem with special characters (umlauts) is the same as my
problem with encodings of russian language under Linux and Windows. I suppose
that Max's OS is configured with one character set but filenames on CD/DVD is
encoded with another one.
I didn't tested filenames with mixed russian and english letters in it. But I
had similar behavior with russian letters in one of my tests - all russian
names was disappeared at all, I saw only empty space instead of filename
(english names were ok at the same time). I can perform additional test with
filenames with mixed russian and english letters and give you results of it if
it is needed.
As for me, I think that best solution is to save catalog using Unicode...

BR,
Vlad

Message: 1