gwhere-discussion

[GWhere-discussion] Re: problems with special characters (umlaute)

From: fuzzy2
Subject: [GWhere-discussion] Re: problems with special characters (umlaute)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:09:19 +0400 (MSD)

Hello Zero and list.

It seems that Max's problem with special characters (umlauts) is the same as my
problem with encodings of russian language under Linux and Windows. I suppose
that Max's OS is configured with one character set but filenames on CD/DVD is
encoded with another one.
I didn't tested filenames with mixed russian and english letters in it. But I
had similar behavior with russian letters in one of my tests - all russian
names was disappeared at all, I saw only empty space instead of filename
(english names were ok at the same time). I can perform additional test with
filenames with mixed russian and english letters and give you results of it if
it is needed.
As for me, I think that best solution is to save catalog using Unicode...

BR,
Vlad