gwhere-discussion

[GWhere-discussion] Re: Directory Tree

From: Zero
Subject: [GWhere-discussion] Re: Directory Tree
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 16:22:26 GMT

Hi everybody,

In my situation, I have over 200CD, but I want still have them in one catalog, so I am able to search trought them all. I have categories for them, so there is not problem to search only trought linux CD. But when I try to scroll in CD list, it is not only little slow, but also hungus, because it is alphabetical-orderer, but not category-
ordered.
It will look better, if I will be able to have more catalogs in one catalog file OR if CD can be nested inside groups. It will look something this way:
+ linux
+-- mandrake
  +-- CD1
  +-- CD2
+-- debian
  +-- woody
+-- CD1of7 and so. It is just about adding new item to catalog "groups", which will have two parametres - its name and number of group it belongs to (0 in case of root group). All catalogs will have group optional parametr group which they belongs to (0 or none in case of root catalog). Only one problem is, that I am not C programmer (but PHP) and dont know how to implement it.

I have thought to use a filtrer on the tree explorer for the same reason.
I think that we should use the actual categories system :
- Many catalogs in one catalog file should reveled bad.
- A catalog group is in fact a category. The hierarchy of categories will be done in the next catalog file format (which is in specification). In this way, you will be able to get what you want. What do you think about this?

Best regards,
Zero
Main author,
GWhere - Another way to manage your catalogs!!
http://www.gwhere.org