gwhere-discussion

Re: [GWhere-discussion] GWhere database support

From: Zero - GWhere
Subject: Re: [GWhere-discussion] GWhere database support
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 02:36:35 +0200

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a generic interface (API) for catalog plugins. The goal of
this interface is to integrate easily some plugins to store database in
GWhere file format (or other file format), in XML or in any SGBD (MySQL,
Oracle, Sybase, BerleleyDB, ...).

The interface is not be stable yet. More ever I must finish the GWhere
plugin to validate this interface of plugin. I hope to publish soon this new
functinality.
In this way it will be easily to store GWhere database in MySQL!!

Nicola, your project in PHP should be a great thing. I can keep you informed
of the evolution of the catalog plugin.

> as far as I read on the web, there are plans to include a database as
> storage option for the catalogs. I have multiple machines with multiple
> operating systems I work with and thus it would be a big help to me
> having the indexes on a central database server in my intranet.
>
> I am an experienced PHP programmer and my plans include writing a php
> application which reads from the same database as GWhere - so any
> computer equipped with a browser could query the catalogs. read only
> access would suffice for the beginning, as new disks are seldomly added,
> but searches in the catalogs are more frequent.
>
> I don't think linking against the c mysql library would be that hard.
>
> ps: I tried to do some research on this list's archive, but they seem to
> be gone.

Yours,
0

--
Best regards,

Zero
Maintainer,

GWhere - Another way to manage your catalogs!!
http://www.gwhere.org