gwhere-discussion

[GWhere-discussion] GWhere database support

From: Nicola Fankhauser
Subject: [GWhere-discussion] GWhere database support
Date: 08 Sep 2002 13:05:01 +0200

hi list

as far as I read on the web, there are plans to include a database as
storage option for the catalogs. I have multiple machines with multiple
operating systems I work with and thus it would be a big help to me
having the indexes on a central database server in my intranet.

I am an experienced PHP programmer and my plans include writing a php
application which reads from the same database as GWhere - so any
computer equipped with a browser could query the catalogs. read only
access would suffice for the beginning, as new disks are seldomly added,
but searches in the catalogs are more frequent.

I don't think linking against the c mysql library would be that hard.

ps: I tried to do some research on this list's archive, but they seem to
be gone.

regards
nicola