guix-devel

Re: What is guix.info?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: What is guix.info?
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 11:52:08 +0100

Hi,

> I'm planning to do some more work on the Guix website, and found out
> that there is a new instance in guix.info. Could you tell me a little
> bit more about it, please (who runs it, how it gets updated, ...)? I
> couldn't find much information in the archives.

I run guix.info.  It gets updated manually and is hosted on
berlin.guixsd.org.

Eventually, I’d like guix.info to disappear and to be replaced with
guix.gnu.org, but that new domain isn’t ready yet.  Eventually,
the DNS records for guix.gnu.org and all subdomains should be managed by
us and be hosted on our servers, so we no longer suffer from limitations
imposed by the use of CVS, for example.

--
Ricardo