guix-devel

Re: Web interface pushed

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Web interface pushed
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2018 18:38:15 +0200

Clément Lassieur <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I’d like to show more information in the future, such as build time, git
>>> change that triggered the build, links to packages that depend on this
>>> build (and packages that affect this build in case of a propagated
>>> failure), etc.
>
> Note that there is no notion of 'package' in Cuirass.  Most of the
> things you said would work with 'derivations' though.  But to add a link
> to the package, we would need a way to find out if a derivation refers
> to a package.  I don't know how to do this.

Yeah, I used “package” as a shorthand for “derivation for a package”.
Links to related derivations would be enough.

We may want to consider taking a closer look at the format for
derivations and think about whether it would make sense to extend it, so
that it is easier to understand the derivation’s context.

>> Here we could also find a place for things like previous builds, last
>> successful build, last failing build later.
>
> The 'job name' page I was talking about[1] is what you want, isn't it?
>
> Clément
>
> [1]:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-08/msg00039.html

Yes, that’s what I’d like.