guix-devel

Re: Web interface pushed

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Web interface pushed
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 22:46:15 +0200

Hi Tatiana,

> I pushed commits implementing the features we discussed before. Could you
> please take a look at them?

I’ll leave the review to Clément who volunteered to take a look at your
commits soon.  (He’s more familiar with Cuirass than I am.)

> I have reconsidered the idea of having a
> separate page with build information, as I do not see what additional
> information we can display on this page except the link to the log file.
> So, for now I have added a link to the log file in the newly added column
> of the table with information about builds of an evaluation. What do you
> think about this?

I think that’s fine for now.

I’d like to show more information in the future, such as build time, git
change that triggered the build, links to packages that depend on this
build (and packages that affect this build in case of a propagated
failure), etc.

> I thought about writing the summary of and sending it to the mailing list,
> but now I think that a blog post would be more convenient for a reader.
> What is the source format for guix blog markdown and is where something
> special I need to know about preparing the blog post?

You don’t need to know anything about the blog to prepare the post.  The
format is markdown.  Amirouche sent instructions on how to build the
website (including the blog), but you don’t need to play with this if
you don’t want to.  It would be sufficient to send the blog post draft
to Clément, Ludovic, and myself via email.  (Please don’t use Google
Docs.)  We would comment inline if any changes are needed.

Once approved I would publish it on your behalf.

Does this sound okay?

--
Ricardo