guix-devel

Re: GSoC: Adding a web interface similar to the Hydra web interface

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: GSoC: Adding a web interface similar to the Hydra web interface
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 12:19:54 +0200

Hi Tatiana,

> I've just committed a new version of the interface. I've implemented the
> first feature and create a more friendly interface based on bootstrap.

I’ve looked at the screenshots and have to say that this is really
looking good already.  Exciting!

> I had to add new database requests: db-get-evaluations-count,
> db-get-evaluations-info for the feature. I have added new endpoints:
> ("jobset" name), ("eval" id) and changed "status" endpoint to "/".

Okay.

> Now, when you launch Cuirass you can see all specifications on the
> main page (localhost:PORT/); when you click on the specification name
> you can see a list of all evaluations of a specification displaying
> numbers of successful, failed and pending builds for each evaluation;
> when you click on the evaluation ID you can see a list of builds with
> their statuses.

Excellent.

> The evaluation list is broken down into a set of pages with 20
> evaluations on each page. I have implemented a page navigation tool
> which may be used for other pages of this kind that we will implement
> later.

Sounds good.

> Could you please take a look at the commit and new functions?

I will take a look today and reply with some comments on your commits.

> I am still facing the local testing issue. When I tried to launch Cuirass
> with the large database you sent before it crashed with some git
> error.

Could you share the error message with us?

> Maybe you could recommend me some
> specifications to add to my local database?

I wasn’t sure about this, so I asked on the #guix IRC channel.  Ludovic
replied there that the Cuirass repository contains a “random”
specification in “examples/random.scm”.  It uses
“examples/random-jobs.scm” to generate … random jobs :)

Note that you’ll need to have Guix installed to use this, and you need
to start Cuirass from your source checkout.

> Now I am going to implement separate pages for builds with different
> statuses and implementation of the first feature will be finished. Also, I
> think It will be useful if I add some more navigation buttons to the
> header. Now it has only one link to the main page with Guix logo.

These sound like good next steps.  Thank you, Tatiana!

--
Ricardo