guix-devel

Re: GSoC: Adding a web interface similar to the Hydra web interface

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: GSoC: Adding a web interface similar to the Hydra web interface
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 16:22:36 +0200

Joshua Branson <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2018. jún. 13., Sze 15:52):
Tatiana Sholokhova <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your reviews!
>
> I've just fixed codestyle issues and replaced HTML5 preamble with XHTML.

Just cause I'm curious, why XHTML instead HTML5?  Is XHTML better to parse?
(This question comes from non guix developer by the way.  Just an enthusiast).

>  Thanks again for your excellent work!
>
>  --
>  Ricardo
Joshua, both formats have advantages, and also disadvantages. I think this issue deserves its own discussion. It would be nice to collect the opinions, but I think that currently we have a good quality and well integrated xml generator, and we do not have a html5 generator. Please correct me if I am wrong.