guix-devel

Re: potluck status

From: Katherine Cox-Buday
Subject: Re: potluck status
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 08:41:19 -0500

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> With that I think I'd like to move to a "use" phase where I just sit
> back and see how people use the thing :)  WDYT?

I am very excited about this functionality for all of the reasons you
enumerated. I don't have any time at the moment, but I was (and still
am) interested in getting Scala and sbt packaged, and I think this is
how I would begin. I could also see packaging a few private work-related
things as potluck packages for use by myself and others.

A couple of questions:

1. When Guix grows channel support, will it have a concept of
   dev->test->prod?
2. Would it make sense for the dev channel to be expressed in terms of
   potluck packages?

I'm not very active in the community at the moment, but I wanted to
chime in and say +1, and thanks for the effort.

--
Katherine