guix-devel

Re: Network with QEMU generated image (guix system vm)?

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Network with QEMU generated image (guix system vm)?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 10:52:08 +0000

David Craven <address@hidden> writes:

>> I still can't ping
>
> You can't ping as I have already mentioned. You need to use TAP/TUN
> instead of -net user if you want to be able to ping. Setting up
> TAP/TUN for vms doesn't work out of the box yet. Does anyone read the
> references I post? =P

Not if the text above them reads like my question was
misunderstood (I've read it like you thought I wanted to ping the VM
itself, which is something I absolutely don't want to).
With this additional information, I will look into the reference later.

So you're telling me that the Guix system created VMs are too simplistic
to be easily handled such simple tasks/testings and I'd be better off
running my system from a git checkout at this moment in time, so I can
apply new services and rebuild the running system with them?
--
              ng0