guix-devel

Re: ffmpeg package update

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: ffmpeg package update
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 13:42:04 -0400

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 04:58:43PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Our ffmpeg package is old (version 2.8.6 but 3.0 is available now).
>
> I noticed this because I found a segfault in a program that uses mpv: mkdir
> -p a ; mpv a. Updating ffmpeg fixes this.

So, passing an empty directory to mpv causes a segmentation fault? Do
you know if it was fixed "deliberately" by ffmpeg (or mpv, not sure
which program is responsible here), or just as a side effect of some
other change? If the latter, they may be interested to know about the
bug.

> Removed libquvi from it as that has been removed from mpv and is not being
> updated.

We like to commit unrelated changes separately. So, unless the removal
of libquvi is required to build version 3.0 of ffmpeg, I think it should
be done in a separate commit. Can you revise your patches?

Also, is libquvi causing some problem with our ffmpeg package? I don't
understand the reason for removing it; I'm not familiar with quvi at
all.

> Changed a configure flag --disable-mipsdspr1 to --disable-mipsdsp - this is
> just a rename. You can read about this here
> <https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2015-November/183375.html> since
> it's just a rename I do not think this will break ffmpeg on MIPS.

Okay, thanks for the info.