guix-devel

ffmpeg package update

From: rain1
Subject: ffmpeg package update
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 16:58:43 +0000

Hello,

Our ffmpeg package is old (version 2.8.6 but 3.0 is available now).

I noticed this because I found a segfault in a program that uses mpv: mkdir -p a ; mpv a. Updating ffmpeg fixes this.

Removed libquvi from it as that has been removed from mpv and is not being updated.

Changed a configure flag --disable-mipsdspr1 to --disable-mipsdsp - this is just a rename. You can read about this here <https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2015-November/183375.html> since it's just a rename I do not think this will break ffmpeg on MIPS.