guix-devel

Re: Help needed for screenshots

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: Re: Help needed for screenshots
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 03:19:46 -0200

Em Sat, 15 Nov 2014 18:57:10 +0100
address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) escreveu:

> I would have liked to have the screenshots section ready by the
> release, which may be next Tuesday if everything goes well.
>
> Do you think you could come up with a possibly simplified version with
> just that section, to begin with?

Ludovic's request has changed my mind.  Attached are the
patch and auxiliary tarballs to add a screenshots gallery to Guix web
page.  These files are organized as follow:

* guix.html.patch: This should be aplied to 'guix.html' file.  It
  contains the html+css+javascript changes to the web page itself.

* scripts.txz: This tarball contains all the minified javascript code
  and their respective sources.  It should be extracted in the root
  directory.

* thumbnails.txz: This tarball contains the thumbnails of all currently
  available screenshots.  It should be extracted in 'screenshots/0.8'
  directory.  New thumbnails can be generated by the ImageMagick's
  'convert' program.  For example, inside the thumbnails directory one
  would use something like:

    convert ../grub-menu.png -resize 48 grub-menu.png

I hope it helps!

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;