guix-devel

Gtk+ 3

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Gtk+ 3
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 13:24:28 +0200

Hello,

packaging of gtk+-3.10.0 is making progress. It compiles, and I think
only a few tests reading in /etc need to be disabled.

After that, to be in line with our general policy of trying to use the
latest versions of software, I think we should rename the variable gtk+
to gtk+-2, and call gtk+ the version 3.10.0. Then all packages requiring
gtk+ will be recompiled using 3.10.0; if this fails, we will need to adapt
the package inputs.

What do you think?

Andreas