Re: Using a macro with FOLD alters FOLD procedure!

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Using a macro with FOLD alters FOLD procedure!
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:27:31 +0200

Yo,

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 08:16 +1000, Kevin Ryde wrote:
> Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > We could certainly do this, but I think I remember a thread where it was
> > suggested that we treat any occurrence of a macro in non-car position as
> > an error - which would catch the problem more generally.
>
> I suppose it depends if a macro should be a first class object to be
> thrown around (or do I misunderstand?).

Occaisionally useful for introspection -- getting the macro's source,
object-properties (like 'documentation), even digging in the source of a
defmacro to get the procedure's docstring.

A procedure has already-memoized code though, no? Shouldn't a macro only
operate on non-memoized code?
--
Andy Wingo
http://wingolog.org/