guile-num-devel

[Guile-num-devel] Re: new Makefile for guile-num

From: Arno Peters
Subject: [Guile-num-devel] Re: new Makefile for guile-num
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 14:32:58 +0200

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 11:14:18AM +0200, Michael M. Tung wrote:

> I have tried out the latest Makefile from the CVS snapshot (without
> any further changes to the source). Unfortunately, there still occurs
> an error. Here is the message I get, in case it helps:

> swig -guile -c -Linkage ltdlmod -o gsl_odeiv_wrap.c gsl_odeiv.i
> gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_INLINE -c -fpic -o gsl_odeiv_wrap.o gsl_odeiv_wrap.c
> gsl_odeiv_wrap.c: In function `_wrap_guile_ode_function':
> gsl_odeiv_wrap.c:218: incompatible types in assignment
> gsl_odeiv_wrap.c: In function `_wrap_guile_ode_jacobian':
> gsl_odeiv_wrap.c:248: incompatible types in assignment
> gsl_odeiv_wrap.c:253: warning: passing arg 2 of `scm_uniform_vector_ref'
> makes pointer from integer without a cast
> gsl_odeiv_wrap.c:253: incompatible types in assignment

gsl_odeiv.i is my half-hearted attempt at including support for the
GSL ODE solvers in Guile.  So I have excluded the library from the
default build target in the Makefile.  An update is in CVS.

If you're willing to get your hands dirty, I am happy to incorporate
patches that fix this omission and other shortcomings.  You'll also
get mentioned in the AUTHORS file (to be created).  Just prodding a
little ;-).

Good luck,
--
Arno