guile-num-devel

[Guile-num-devel] GSL bindings

From: Arno Peters
Subject: [Guile-num-devel] GSL bindings
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 00:56:40 +0200

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 11:53:10PM +0200, Michael M. Tung wrote:

> I just discovered your nice GSL binding for guile. Unfortunately
> guile-1.6.0 gives some problems with Guile-numerics-0.1.0. Are
> you planning to provide an upgrade soon?

I am aware of the problems.  It is due to the way 1.6 handles dynamic
libraries differently from 1.4.  Version 1.4 automatically calls the
initialization function of the dynamic library.  In version 1.6 this
is no longer the case and you need to explicitly call the init
function.

I have made the neccessary changes to the Makefile and the interface
files.  However, I cannot test the result for now because my SWIG is
linked against version 1.4.  I have commited the changes to the CVS on
Savannah.

  http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/guile-num/

Please check if they do the trick for you so I can update the TODO
file and the website accordingly.

Greetings,
--
Arno