guile-gtk-general

Doing the guile-gobject split

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Doing the guile-gobject split
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:44:27 +0200

Hi!

Now that I've thought a bit about it, I think I can come up with a
fairly simple extension to autogen.sh that will create configure.ac
and the top-level Makefile.am, based on the "modules" present. I'd
like to start splitting the thing right now, but before I do that, I
want to merge my g-wrap TNG/2.0 related changes into the main archive,
so I can, for each module, tag it at guile-gobject and then remove all
files not related to it. This way we'll keep history.

Since my changes depend on an unreleased g-wrap version, I'll not
merge them into dev--0, but open a gw-tng--0 branch, as an
intermediary step towards the split.

A question that arises from the split is that of CVS access; I don't
really want to keep a gateway for each module, but gatewaying all
modules to a single CVS module would work out, I think.

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

Python is executable pseudocode, Perl is executable line-noise.