guile-gtk-general

Re: run-time wrapping for GTK+ 2 working

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: run-time wrapping for GTK+ 2 working
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:21:06 +0200

Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I just made the first sucessful tests with the runtime wrappers. It
> ran tic-tac-toe, hello-world-generic and the graphical repl fine
> (tried no others yet). I consider this a kind of "proof-of-concept"
> milestone ;-). The problem is, altough I also have a lot of changes
> that can be used without g-wrap modification, this is not one of them;
> g-wrap does all the runtime wrapping stuff, altough requiring changes
> to the wrapsets specs to make use of it.

And furthermore, generic function and method creation is done now in
g-wrap, which also adds complete method signatures (they are now
specialized for all parameters wich have a "class name" (which can be
set at type creation time).

> Since the g-wrap independent changes in my tree fix this, along with
> GValue-Array support, I've decided not to wait for consent and just
> check them into CVS (hopefully tla-cvs-sync really works ;-)).

I've done so now. Highlights of the changes are gvalue array support
and resurrection and polishing of the test-suite.

--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc

Python is executable pseudocode, Perl is executable line-noise.