gsl-shell-info

Re: [Gsl-shell-info] Gsl-shell-info post from address@hidden requires ap

From: Francesco Abbate
Subject: Re: [Gsl-shell-info] Gsl-shell-info post from address@hidden requires approval
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 16:58:54 +0200

> Hello,
>
> I encountered your product first time - it looks great.
>
> One question about plots - is there a way how to get the picture as a .png
> file or a sequence of MetaPost commands?
> I'd like to add the plot produced by 'graph.fxplot()' into ConTeXt, a TeX
> based software...

Hi,

in GSL Shell you can export any plot in bitmap format using the "save" method:

p:save('image', 600, 400)

The image will be saved in BMP format on windows and in PPM on Linux.
Both format can be easily converted in PNG using an external software.

You can save also the plots in SVG format using the "save_svg" method
just like with "save". I guess that the SVG format can be converted in
EPS using some external utils and the EPS format can be used with
LaTeX. The metapost command are not supported.

I hope that will helps.

Best regards,
Francesco