grub-devel

Re: Simplified Chinese screenshots

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Simplified Chinese screenshots
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 03:14:25 +0100

Chris Jones wrote:
> I wish I could.. elegant scripts like Bengali, Tamil, would be such a
> nice addition to the usual 7-bit ascii sreenshots.

I already have bidi and most script-independent diacritics (engine which
automatically places them in right place). I'll implement Hebrew and
Arabic, perhaps Syriac and Thaana if it won't be a lot of overhead over
Hebrew and Arabic but I'm not familiar with Indic scripts other than the
general guidelines (replacing vowel, standalone vowel, virama).
Other problem is hat for now bidi and nice diacritics are limited to gfxmenu

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko