grub-devel

Re: Simplified Chinese screenshots

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: Simplified Chinese screenshots
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 22:36:40 +0000

Hi,

On Feb/01/2010, Chris Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 04:32:14PM EST, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Aron Xu sent me some screenshots of Grub booting time in Chinese:
> >
> > http://carles.lastdot.org/Screenshot-QEMU.png
> > http://carles.lastdot.org/Screenshot-QEMU-1.png
> > http://carles.lastdot.org/Screenshot-QEMU-2.png
>
> Thanks for posting this -- quite impressive. It would be nice to
> upload a few such multi-lingual screenshots to a grub-gallery section
> of the wiki, don't you think..?

When more translations will be done I will consider/do it. If someone
wants to do please go ahead :-)

> Nice to see that there are users who are able to do some useful stuff
> with the new grub, especially since lately, I have seen a couple of
> trolls spreading some pretty inane FUD about the new grub on the
> debian-user mailing list.

I haven't read the insane FUD(s). One important thing that we are on it
(Bruce I think) is writing documentation. Ok, we usually don't like it,
but the time spent writting http://grub.enbug.org/TestGettext payedback
very fast with the screenshots and I hope that more translators testing
the translations... and people understanding a bit how it works or how
to test it.

(This is my only my opinion)

--
Carles Pina i Estany