grub-devel

Re: keyboard layout patches

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: keyboard layout patches
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:53:36 +0100

Hi,

I answer in fast way... more at evening. Items that I don't comment I
understand and agree.

On Jan/18/2010, Vladimir '??-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:

> > How could grub-mkinstall (00_header.in) know the current keyboard in the
> > system?
> setxkbmap -print will give you the x layout but it won't work outside of X.
> > I wold tweak 00_header.in to generate the keymap file and setup
> > it.
> >
> It may be executed by a daemon with no X available.

I'll use Felix suggestion: do whatever is in /etc/grub/default

> +  filename =
> +    grub_malloc (grub_strlen (prefix) + grub_strlen ("/") +
> +              grub_strlen (args[0]) + 1);
> Can you add support for complete filenames?

do you mean that, for example, if args[0] starts by "/" then filename =
args[0]?

Actually if prefix (that it's a variable) is "/" then args[0] acts as a
filename.  Would be like "///test/filename" and it's a valid directory.

> Can you think of a way to restoring keyboard map to English?

unloading the module restores the original keyboard (so, English one). I save
the original one when the module is loaded.

Thanks for the other comments,

--
Carles Pina i Estany
        http://pinux.info