grub-devel

merging of gettext branch

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: merging of gettext branch
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 21:27:12 +0000

Hello,

My gettext branch:
bzr.savannah.gnu.org/srv/bzr/grub/people/cpina/gettext/

Is currently synchronized with Robert's changes and working.

To test it I usually do:
-----
cp po/ca.mo ../img/boot/grub/locale
rm /tmp/grub-rescue-cdrom.iso
./grub-mkrescue --override-directory=`pwd` --output=/tmp/grub-rescue-cdrom.iso
../img/
qemu -cdrom /tmp/grub-rescue-cdrom.iso
-----

And the sentence "Use the %C and %C keys to select which entry is
highlighted." appears in catalan, if the grub.cfg contains:
-----
set locale_dir=/boot/grub/locale
set lang=ca
insmod gettext
-----

(mmm... locale_dir could be hard coded)

Some suggestions before merging? Once merged I will gettize more string
in the loader and other utilities. And fix whatever is needed that we
have not spotted :-/

--
Carles Pina i Estany
        http://pinux.info