grub-devel

Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)

From: Bean
Subject: Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 11:24:07 +0800

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 5:12 AM, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Bean wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Update:
>>
>> Add timeout, progressbar and savedefault.
>>
>> savedefault:
>>
>> Variable savedefault set the system default value. If savedefault=1,
>> save the current boot item.
>>
>> You can also overwrite the default value for individual items, in
>> menuentry statement --save option always save this item, and --nosave
>> never save the item. If neither --save nor --nosave is specified, the
>> system default in savedefault variable is checked.
>>

> Why do you need this over having a normal save_env? I don't see any
> reason to prefer an ad-hoc here over general solution

Hi,

This is more convenient than adding a save_env command to every entry.
Users can just set savedefault=1 and all items are saved by default,
remove it and it's not saved anymore. They can also config each item
individually with --save and --nosave option, which is similar to
adding a save_env command at the beginning, but easier to edit.

--
Bean

My repository: https://launchpad.net/burg