grub-devel

Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)

From: Peter Cros
Subject: Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 19:04:44 +1100

I can use grub-mkrescue to create an El Torito image and burn CD which boots and can run menu. Is that what you mean, or is there a way to boot  direct from iso?

Thanks

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Bean <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Peter Cros <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't know what is the testing status for pc machines, but I have
> grub-install problem for platform pc on Apple with the current menu source.
>
> commit eb03e2575b2c0b1b4fd83f33a741f6fef3b93339
> Author: Bean <address@hidden>
> Date:   Wed Oct 21 01:11:27 2009 +0800
>
> Compiling for grub-pc test of menu on Apple, --wth-platform=pc, I get this
> stopper in grub-install (after successful make && make install). OS is
> ubuntu904 on imac81.
>

> address@hidden:~/src/grub/buildpc$ sudo ./grub-install --no-floppy --force /dev/sda
> ./grub-install: 312: realpath: not found
>

> ( I got the same back from start of the menu tests with git branch master,
> the change to realpath problem, then I went to efi tests, no problems).
>
> I had no problem --with-platform=pc from the new Bazaar mirror
> bzr branch http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/grub/
>  which  compiles installs and boots grub-pc with no errors .

Hi,

My menu patch haven't synced with latest svn yet, perhaps it's some
bug fixed after my last sync. Anyway, I always create iso image when
testing pc mode, so it's possible that there is issue in grub-install
and I don't even noticed.

--
Bean

gitgrub home: http://github.com/grub/grub/