[Groff] roff preprocessor/pipeline builder

From: Pete Phillips
Subject: [Groff] roff preprocessor/pipeline builder
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:33:07 +0000

The recent thread about users and groff reminded me about a program I
have been hacking on since 1991, called roff. This makes educated
guesses at the pipeline elements necessary based on the file contents,
and does the processing for you.  (I think there may have been similar
programs in the past,and I know grog makes similar guesses).

Some info and the perl script itself available at:

http://www.smtl.co.uk/~pete/#roff

I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts on whether there is any
mileage in developing this as a more general script (it is very specific
to our lab at present) ?

Pete