Re: [Groff] color support in grotty

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] color support in grotty
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 09:07:57 +0100 (CET)

> I did a CVS update, re-built, installed, and when I run the new
> binaries - NO CHANGE. (Redhat 7.2).

Of course there are no changes by default except the use of the SGR
escape sequences (hopefully *this* can be noticed).

> Now I can't say I follow everying on this list.  But I did not see
> any specific instructions.  I do not get color - is there some
> command line switch I have to give to make it color man pages like
> the others on this list say they have seen?

Look at the new grotty man page to see examples.  You must explicitly
use \m and \M to change colors.  Until now I haven't midified the man
macros to emit colours (and I wonder whether I shall do so); only
www.tmac uses blue for hyperlinks.