[Groff] New request address@hidden

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] New request address@hidden
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 00:50:50 +0100 (CET)

Dear friends,

the discussion about a proper implementation of \*R lead to the
conclusion that it doesn't always work with man's .B or .I requests
because the input trap doesn't recognize \c.

Looking into troff's TODO file, I found that James Clark already made
a remark about a variant which counts lines interrupted with \c as
one line.  Here it is, called `.itc'!  It was about 20 lines of code.

I've already changed the man macros to use it, thus

  .B This \c
  is \c
  a \c
  test.