gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Trying to cross-compile for arm

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Trying to cross-compile for arm
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 11:49:38 -0700

Yo Lukas!

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 20:43:52 +0200
Lukas Jünger <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't think that there is anything missing in the documentation of
> gpsd. It was more a problem with the documentation of ncurses. I can
> however add something about that to the build.txt but I don't know if
> that is the way to go.

What could have been doen so it would have gone better for you?

> I'm unsure if building ncurses with separate
> libtinfo is even necessary. It fixed the problem for me, but I'm
> unsure how the library is structured and if this is something that
> could be fixed in the build process of gpsd or if ncurses has to be
> compiled with separate libtinfo. Maybe a developer can answer this.
> If ncurses has to be build with separate libtinfo, this information
> could be added to the build.txt.

Well, in this case, YOU are the developer.

>  Crosscompiling ncurses is described
> well on the website I linked to in one of my previous mails.

You mean the one that was a ling to the gpsd doc?  Clearly it was
no perfect, as you had questions.  Anything you can add to the doc,
preferably as a nice diff, would allow you to pay it forward to the next
'you'.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588