gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] OT: Radio Module Time

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] OT: Radio Module Time
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 12:51:03 -0700

Yo George!

On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 12:51:06 -0600
George Sexton <address@hidden> wrote:

> So, the receiver code actually has to catch a whole minute of bits,
> and then decode the results into the current time/date. I briefly
> looked at the docs on writing your own reference clock driver, and
> there's one thing I'm not quite getting. To implement this kind of
> driver I would need to have a function called any time DCD changes
> state.

If you are going to write your own code for this, which may be the
only solution.  Do not write a native ntpd driver.  Too many weird
things in the.  Instead write a dameon that reads you receiver, and
output simple correction packets to /dev/shm.  Then you select the
existing SHM driver in ntp classic/ntpsec to read the corrections
from the SHM()s.

Code to do this is in gpsd in ntpshmwrite.c.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588