gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] gpsd to gpsd connection

From: flope
Subject: [gpsd-users] gpsd to gpsd connection
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 08:06:42 -0000

Hello,

for a research project we have some devices where each has its own GPS receiver and antenna.

For indoor testing purposes I set up a gpsd server. Thats a machine with a gps receiver and antenna and gpsd started with -G to provide its data to the network.

The problem now is, that the connection on other computers is not reliable at all. I configured the device to "gpsd://172.19.1.211" (that is the IP address of the gpsd server).

Sometimes I get a connection and GPS data, but most of the time nothing comes in.

In the server's gpsd I can see that the client gpsd is connected, at least I see the detach_client message if I stop the client gpsd.

I hope it is a minor problem, hopefully someone can help here.

Thanks

Regards.
F. Petry