gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] [gpsd newbie] Latitude/longitude/altitude are not repor

From: Kumar Vijay Mishra
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] [gpsd newbie] Latitude/longitude/altitude are not reported in gps_data_t structure
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 15:43:31 -0700

Charles Curley wrote:
OK.

I suspect the devs might like to know why it doesn't compile on a
somewhat recent version of CentOS. The CentOS web site indicates that
6.2 was just released. http://www.centos.org/
Running scons (which I assume is the first step for installation from build) gives the following error:
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
 File "/home/kvm/Desktop/gpsd-3.3/SConstruct", line 350
   with open("xmltest.xml", "w") as ofp:
           ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
A little digging on web tells me that this may be related to the older Python version 2.4 available on CentOS 5.5. There are several other softwares installed on our servers and as of now we would like to stick to CentOS5.5 with which most of the other softwares are compatible.
Right, and if you get NULL, you are in deep yogurt.
I did check this and I am not getting a NULL as the output of gps_open.
I also noticed that the output of 'gpspipe -r' doesn't show GPGLL
messages which probably show the value of gpsdata->fix.status, right?

Someone more familiar with the code than I will have to answer that,
but I believe gpsd populates gpsdata->fix.status according to which
parts of gpsdata are currently valid.

I wish someone replies to this thread and enlighten me. I have enabled GPGLL messages and the result is still the same.

Regards,

Kumar Vijay Mishra