gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Where to put tests for: $GPVTG

From: teyrana
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Where to put tests for: $GPVTG
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 17:25:31 -0400

Hey Guys,

Two pretty quick questions for you:

1. Where should I put tests for verifying VTG message processing?
My guesses:
  a) modify every device-specific test case which contains VTG messages?
  b) emplace a specific test somewhere else, that's not obvious to me...

  Research so far:
1. I see $GPVTG messages already sprinkled throughout several device tests:  (36 of the .log files in `test/daemon` of them, to be exact) but it doesn't look like they're interpreted in any of them?
  e.g. https://github.com/teyrana/gpsd/blob/9429b1a5498e0e1ea68d5e53245c897dda52e5aa/test/daemon/bn-9015.log.chk#L65

2. I also looked at the test_*.c files, but they don't seem to contain many of the tests themselves:
  - `test_packet.c` only sees to test *parsing* of the raw nmea.
  - `test_libpgs.c` seems to be the test-file-runner (?)

2. I notice you guys also don't have a test *.log.chk for our brand (Hemisphere). Would it be worth while to add it?

(Our receiver: for reference: https://hemispheregnss.com/Products/Products/Position-Heading/vector-v103e284a2-and-v113e284a2-gps-compasses-96 )

Cheers,
-Dan

Daniel Williams