gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Possible error report

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Possible error report
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 16:33:02 -0500

Sanjeev Gupta <address@hidden>:
> On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I don't see PPS in gpsmon either.  I thought that was expected behavior
> > since gpsmon is somewhat SiRF specific.
> >

> Sorry, I did not know that :-(

Gary is behind the curve on this one.  The days when gpsmon was "somewhat SiRF
specific" are long gone

address@hidden:~/software/gpsd$ gpsmon -L
General commands available per type. '+' means there are private commands.
i l q ^S ^Q       x     Generic NMEA
i l q ^S ^Q n     x     Garmin NMEA
i l q ^S ^Q n     x     Garmin Serial binary
i l q ^S ^Q       x +   Ashtech
i l q ^S ^Q       x     San Jose Navigation FV18
i l q ^S ^Q       x     Furuno Electric GH-79L4
i l q ^S ^Q     x x     MTK-3301
i l q ^S ^Q             AIVDM
i l q ^S ^Q n s   x +   SiRF binary
i l q ^S ^Q n s x x +   u-blox binary
i l q ^S ^Q         +   iTalk binary
i l q ^S ^Q n s   x +   SuperStarII binary
i l q ^S ^Q       x +   Oncore binary
i l q ^S ^Q   s   x +   True North
i l q ^S ^Q             JSON slave driver

In direct mode, you can expect to see PPS bars shown
for any device that emits 1PPS