gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Possible error report

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Possible error report
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 18:16:45 -0800

address@hidden said:
> I think what must be happening here is that the particular shape and
> duration of the MTK's pulse is defeating Gary's edge-detection logic. Thus,
> unit 0 information is being passed to NTP *but not unit 1* - it could still
> look like it's working if the device's latency between top of second and
> start of message transmission has little jitter.

I have a Sure board sitting next to me.  The big chip says SKG16B/SKYLAB

I have a scope on the PPS signal.  It's 100 ms wide.  That should be a
vanilla case.

A possible catch is that the Sure boards don't come with PPS wired up.  You
have to add a wire or 3 and Sanjeev didn't mention doing that.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.