gotmail-list

Re: [gotmail] SOLVED?? - Emails aren't fetch'd anymore ...

From: T. E.
Subject: Re: [gotmail] SOLVED?? - Emails aren't fetch'd anymore ...
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 06:12:33 +0200

Janak J Parekh schrieb am Sonntag, 10. Oktober 2004 03:51:

> John Fruetel unrolled a scroll which read:

[ ... ]

>> Anyhow, this means that gotmail MUST scan for the mailbox id now.
>> That's trivial code to add, gotmail already has a function for doing
>> this.  But how can gotmail search for the words 'Trash Can' AND be
>> language neutral?
>
> You mean, in an internationalization context?  One could use string
> resources with Gotmail, but it does sound like an overly complicated
> addition.

Mmh ... as far as I know Hotmail only supports 11 "european-based"
languages (latin character set), and 4 asian-based ones. So there're
only 11 posibilities how a Trash Can (in german: Papierkorb) could be
called ...
On the other hand everybody could set the "mailbox language" to english,
and there's no prob at all anymore ... ;)

>> A command line option for naming yor 'deleted' folder is about all I
>> can think of.
>
> Another (simpler?) choice would be to deprecated the delete option and
> just document the "move" that you've just added... the kind of user
> that uses Gotmail should certainly be able to handle that assuming it
> works. :-)

Well, there'd be other options, too.
Like: "user has to edit one file" which is read by gotmail (eg.
gotmailrc).

>> Janak, can you get the CVS build and try this new option, but use
>> your "Trash Can" folder as the option? (or whatever it's called in
>> your account)?
>
> Will do and report back.  Thanks for the quick debugging.
>
> --janak

c y
Torsten