Re: CI server on GitHub repos

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: CI server on GitHub repos
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 13:23:06 +0100

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 9:47 PM, Daniel Ferreira (theiostream)
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Niels Grewe <address@hidden> wrote:
>> This seems to be missing some visibility, but there are all ready working
>> Travis CI jobs for base (both for the legacy runtime and libobjc2):
>> https://travis-ci.org/gnustep/libs-base
>
> Wow, I'm embarassed I hadn't noticed that. Could Ivan or someone else
> with owner access to the repo set up a Travis CI hook for pull
> requests then?

I've looked at it and we have the 'integration' activated in Github
UI. Pull requests are also being built:
https://travis-ci.org/gnustep/libs-base/pull_requests

At this point, I wonder what else could be done?

(Other than the existing setup for libs-base, I would leave
configuration of each repository to individual packagers.)

> A build status badge on the readme would be interesting as well.

We currently don't have a markdown based readme, but there's also a
question about whether there would be pushback for promoting Travis.

Consider that Github is a temporary stop for us, anyway.

> I suppose the only thing missing then is configuring an environment
> for the "old gcc" (which is, apparently, 3.4.5). Despite the current
> gcc environment being on version 4.8 I'll assume this can be treated
> as "modern gcc" (or should it not?).

Modern enough. I would, however, assume that 'apt-get install'ing a
newer GCC isn't a big issue.