Re: CI server on GitHub repos

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: CI server on GitHub repos
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:26:55 +0200

[…]
I just wonder what sort of setup should be used. For base/gui/back I
can envision, ideally:

1) GNU/Linux with oldest gcc we intend to support
2) FreeBSD with oldest gcc we intend to support

For FreeBSD, I think you could leave out "oldest gcc". FreeBSD 9.3, which was the last FreeBSD release to have gcc 4.2 in its base system, is EoL'ed, already. Regarding FreeBSD, it's probably sensible to check whether GNUstep compiles with clang 3.4, as FreeBSD 10.3, which is still supported, has clang 3.4 in its base system.

A while ago I setup a GNUstep [Jenkins] job (matrix style) which I used myself in order to check that my commits didn't break anything.

Cheers,

  Marcus

--
Marcus Müller  .  .  .  http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com/znek/