Re: [Gnumed-devel] Using EMRs to assess indicators (maybe quality) of ca

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Using EMRs to assess indicators (maybe quality) of care - depends on codes, yes?
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 17:07:24 -0200

I think there is a bit more to coding ...

For example: patient's right to secrecy, so the codes should not appear to those people not ment to see it (say the secretary and the janitor) in Brazil the right to secrecy, and thus the disclosures of ICD for example, can only be searched in EMR by a PHYSICIAN, even nurses and paramedics ae not allowed to see ICD of patients in their normal interactions

I still would like to see the ICD integrated to the tree view nonetheless :)

Maybe a field called (imagine that! ;) ICD with a dropdown list. We could also let some configuration so IT could configure to (or not) ask for the ICD of the encounter on every exit / change of patient.

Rogerio

2011/1/25 Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 12:35:35PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> This link is to a ~ 100 page PDF describing the results of
> a Canadian study in which data from EMRs and other sources
> were linked to perform an analysis of care over time.
>
> Page 19 describes the indicators, then-defined by use of codes as listed on page 81.
> The immunization schedule that they queried is on page 82.
>
> It reminds me that attaching codes to patients remains an important next step for GNUmed.

Yes.

> What is the current and next steps in thinking, design, implementation?

I am not entirely sure yet how to actually do it (UI wise).

Maybe we can use a wiki page to collect and organize ideas
as to which codes to attach to which parts of the EMR.

I was thinking:

- allow attaching

       - any number of codes from
       - any available coding system to

       - encounter.rfe
       - encounter.aoe
       - echo of SOAP
       - episode
       - health issue

Attach whereat:

- issues/episodes/encounters/soap from within their edit areas

- encounter.rfe/encounter.aoe/soap from within the progress note input plugin

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346