Re: [Gnumed-devel] Using EMRs to assess indicators (maybe quality) of ca

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Using EMRs to assess indicators (maybe quality) of care - depends on codes, yes?
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:08:40 +0100

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 12:35:35PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> This link is to a ~ 100 page PDF describing the results of
> a Canadian study in which data from EMRs and other sources
> were linked to perform an analysis of care over time.
>
> Page 19 describes the indicators, then-defined by use of codes as listed on
> page 81.
> The immunization schedule that they queried is on page 82.
>
> It reminds me that attaching codes to patients remains an important next step
> for GNUmed.

Yes.

> What is the current and next steps in thinking, design, implementation?

I am not entirely sure yet how to actually do it (UI wise).

Maybe we can use a wiki page to collect and organize ideas
as to which codes to attach to which parts of the EMR.

I was thinking:

- allow attaching

        - any number of codes from
        - any available coding system to

        - encounter.rfe
        - encounter.aoe
        - echo of SOAP
        - episode
        - health issue

Attach whereat:

- issues/episodes/encounters/soap from within their edit areas

- encounter.rfe/encounter.aoe/soap from within the progress note input plugin

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346