Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-mini

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-mini
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 13:42:40 +0200

> > > - use of the new namespace features of Postgres >= 7.3, aiming at using
> > > the
> > > native distributed database features coming with 7.5 (saving all the
> > > trouble
> > > with "services" we had to take til now.
> > Can you throw us a link for this one, Horst, it's left me scratching my
> > head.
> To my knowledge there is no such thing.
There have been namespaces as in schemata (eg. one can say
personalia.tablename) but that doesn't include any distributed
database features at all.

Also, until the PUPIC issue is sufficiently handled I am
uneasy about storing data in non-linked places.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346