gnulib-tool-py

[gnulib-tool-py] Need an idea how to test variables

From: Dmitriy Selyutin
Subject: [gnulib-tool-py] Need an idea how to test variables
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 03:21:50 +0400

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the long absense: my session is in full swing, so I have not much time to work with code, but have to get some time for Latin, Greek, epigraphy, paleography, German, Italian, etc. I'd rather code than learn all these subjects, but I can't fail my session. :-( However, I've done big commit today, where I've partially done some operations on variables.
Let me explain quickly what we now have:
1. On initialization of GNULibImport, it gets all the variables from cache. Some of them may be set before, like sourcebase, pobase, etc. That means they will be used as default for mode == MODES['import'] (i.e. for mode == 0).
2. Cached variables are being set to their analogues (e.g. self._cached_['auxdir'] => self._auxdir_). However, if user changed variable in __init__, it will be overwritten (i.e. self._auxdir_ will be 'myauxdir', if user creates GNULibImport instance like this: GNULibImport(0, auxdir='myauxdir')).
3. All the variables are then being showed with pretty print (using pprint function from pprint module).

There is one question. I'd like to compare variables with old gnulib-tool, but each time I run setting some parameters it overwrites some files. What is the best way to compare e.g. $sourcebase from old gnulib-tool.sh with self._sourcebase_ from new gnulib-tool.py? Thanks!