gnuherds-app-dev

Re: micro donations & payments -- GNU Herds tries to help its users

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: micro donations & payments -- GNU Herds tries to help its users
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 23:53:10 +0200

Antenore Gatta wrote:
> we should provide as much (but not too many) payment systems as possible, in
> fact there is not a good or bad system, forcing a payment method we will
> loose all the other potential donors.

I propose create a GNU Herds base "Merchant account" [1], to allow deposit
money, near the entity (person or organization) who will manage the account;
USA or Europe.

  [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchant_account

I propose choose the ING Direct bank [2] which offers:
    * No account minimum.
    * No inactivity fee!

  [2] http://ingdirect.com/

> So my proposal is to use:
>    1. PayPal
>       AlertPay
>    3. Donate via check or bank account money transfer

I propose GNU Herds support the above Antenore's proposed transfer methods.

> For the legal issues it depends on where will be the Gnu Herds head
> offices, we will need to do the statement of income, paying taxes and so
> on...
>
> In general we need a legal representative, someone that will represent Gnu
> Herds as a legal entity, in fact it's not possible to open a bank account
> without an owner, and him/her will be responsible of all the legal and
> money issues.
>
> If we will belong completely to the FSF we should speak with them on how to
> proceed.

We will send an email to RMS/FSF, but I am not sure they will support
such feature.

Maybe they do not have resources to realize it. They are already doing a lot
for the project. Anyway we will ask them.