gnuherds-app-dev

Re: Traslation tools

From: Antenore Gatta
Subject: Re: Traslation tools
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 18:25:05 +0200

2006/9/13, Davi Leal <address@hidden>:
> Give me some days (it's really boring, you know).

I know, I know :)   It takes a lot of time.

I've committed the first translation, I'm far from the end... Please
check it and let me know if  it not works.

I like this introduction to gettext.
  http://fplanque.net/Blog/devblog/2003/08/18/introducing_gettext_and_po_files
  http://www.poedit.org/screenshots.php

The tool 'poedit' can parse PHP source but I think it can not the
smarty templates we use. Anyway, I will try to modify the smarty tool
tsmarty2c.php to parse both translation tags we are using:

  {t}string to translate{/t}

  {'string to translate'|gettext}

I have not used xgettext to extract the strings. I have done it by
hand.  I hope we will be able to use an automatic system to extract
and update the strings from the source code: PHP and smarty templates.

Do you simply need to extract all the "string to translate" ? If so I
can try to write a perl/shell script. Please give me more details of
what do you need.

I am looking forward for getting this project in production and hosted
at the FSF.

I know. I see that you are speaking with the "Great One" :-)

Rgrds
Antenore.