Re: [gnugo-devel] close to release?

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] close to release?
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:40:58 -0700

> The question is not completely academic.  Just today I got an email from
> one of the organizers of the Computer Olympiad of this year.  He asked if
> we wanted to defend our gold medal from last year.  See
> http://www.cs.unimaas.nl/olympiad2004/ for more info.
>
> I haven't answered yet since I wanted to run the question by the list.  If
> nobody wants to go to Israel, I suggest that we try to do it the same way
> as last year - to have a volounteer run Gnu Go for us.
>
> In this case it might be a good idea to get a release out during early or
> middle June.  The tournament is during the first week of July.

We don't have to do a stable release to enter a tournament. We can enter a
program from the unstable line.

I would assume we want to enter if possible. I assume our status is
``Amateur'' in which case the tournament fee is only 25 Euros. The
problem is then to find someone to operate the program.

Dan