Re: [gnugo-devel] Last night's CVS (14 FAILS 14 PASSES)

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Last night's CVS (14 FAILS 14 PASSES)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:17:45 +0100 (CET)

> There seem to be a few platform specific differences, still.
> See, for example:
> http://www.public32.com/regress/2002-01-29/?unexpected=1
>
> Problem Status
> global:14 FAILED
> trevor:200 PASSED
>
> This build should have had no unexpected results.

Are you both running with default cache size? I once observed a couple of
unexpected results with cache size set to 96 (see
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/gnugo-devel/2001-December/000830.html,
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/gnugo-devel/2001-December/000843.html).

Btw, isn't this cache size dependence a behaviour to be expected due to he
owl node limit? As far as I can tell, the number of variations is not
increased when an do_owl_attack/defense position is found in the cache.

Arend