Re: [gnugo-devel] Current CVS

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Current CVS
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 05:42:24 -0800

Teun wrote:

> This must be something trivial.
>
> I pasted this verbatim right after the AC_ARG_ENABLE(dfa, .. ) macro.
> autoconf (2.52) ran cleanly after this.

Sorry, autoconf runs OK. Automake runs but makes a complaint.
And the resulting Makefile doesn't work when you configure with
--enable-experimental-reading. I didn't include a full patch
of what I tried because what I tried didn't work.

The problem is that we'd like to include an optional file
read_attack.c in GGBUILTSOURCES. The file is only compiled
and included in libpatterns if you configure
--enable-experimental-reading.

This sounds easy but I don't know how to accomplish this.

Trevor wrote:

>        ...                           However, sense the
> relevant conditional code is currently all compiled away,
> I would like to see the patch go in sooner rather than later,
> so that it will be easier for me to merge it into the
> changes I'm still making to it.

It's not that easy. Your patch didn't include modifications
to patterns/Makefile*. To compile the patch, you have to either

(1) edit patterns/Makefile.am then run automake, or
(2) edit patterns/Makefile by hand.

This is not very acceptable.

Dan